The types of personal data we collect from you include:
- your name;
- mailing address(es);
- telephone number(s);
- email address(es);
- date of birth;
- marketing preferences;
- payment information and transaction details;
- aggregated site statistics data;
- any other information you choose to provide to us, or that we may collect about you through your interactions with our website.
Your personal data is collected when you:
- visit our website with a cookies-enabled browser [or (if applicable) register a user account with our website];
- request services from us such as subscribing to our newsletter or mailing lists for electronic or phone updates;
- fill in any forms on our website;
- submit any comment, question or feedback to us, or contact or correspond with us in any way; and
- make purchases of goods or services through our website.
Your personal data will be used for the following purposes:
- to facilitate your access to our website [or (if applicable) the creation of your user account with our website];
- to evaluate your website preferences and for the maintenance of the website;
- to send you updates via email, post or telephone, where appropriate;
- to answer your queries, respond to your comments and feedback, or provide you with assistance in any other way; and
- to facilitate online purchases of goods and services.
We do not sell or trade your personal data to external parties. However in order to provide the above services to you, we may share, including transfer out of Singapore, your personal data with the following entities:
- third-party service providers (such as subcontractors, agents or network operators) who are employed to perform business and administrative functions;
- third-party businesses with whom we collaborate;
- government bodies; and
- other public agencies.
Your personal data may be transferred out of Singapore from time to time. Such transfers will be carried out in accordance with the PDPA. Third parties, with the exception of government bodies and other public agencies, are subject to data protection obligations and may only use your personal data to perform the necessary functions.
We may also disclose or transfer personal data as otherwise permitted or required by law, including for compliance with regulations on anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism.
When you visit our website, we may assign your web browser one or more website cookies. Cookies are small text files used to enhance your shopping experience, including, but not limited to, maintaining current login, and providing a unique identifier for website statistics.
- to improve the contents of the website;
- to customise the content of the website and our e-mails to suit your individual interests or purposes and selectively display best-matched pages to you;
- to utilise your browsing history on the website for demographic research; and
- to obtain static data of web visitors and aggregated website visitation statistic which are anonymous in nature.
Links to Third Party Websites
Withdrawal of Consent
If you would like to withdraw your consent to our continual use and/or disclosure of your personal information for any of the purposes and in the manner as stated above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it is collected or for business or legal purposes, or in accordance with applicable laws. Your personal data may also continue to be retained on our databases to the extent permitted by law.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
You may review and update your personal information by accessing your user account on our website, or by contacting us at email@example.com. We will only disclose personal data to the individual who registered his/her personal data with our website, and only after confirming the identity of the registered party.
Your password is the key to your account. Please use unique numbers, letters and special characters and do not disclose your password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, you will be responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account and the consequences. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason or if you have grounds to believe that your password has been compromised, you should immediately contact us and change your password. You are reminded to log off of your account and close the browser when finished using a shared computer.
We take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information and process it securely. Such measures include, but are not limited to passwords, firewalls, and other standardized industry practices. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or electronic storage, is 100% secure and we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer for unauthorized access or loss of any data provided to our website. Nevertheless, we strive to protect the security of your information, and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures. We may, but are not obliged to, post a notice on our website if a security breach occurs, or send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances.
Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for all other questions on our use of your personal data.
Last updated on 30 September 2018