- Store in the freezer at -18°C to deter the growth of bacteria and microbes
- TIP: Freezing deters the growth of bacteria and microbes and reduces spoilage
- RECOMMENDED: Thaw a serving packet in the refrigerator overnight.
- Another method is to soak the serving packet in room temperature or lukewarm water.
- Do NOT microwave. Heat destroys the active enzymes and phytonutrients, and can cause the bones to cook. NEVER feed your pet cooked bones, as cooked bones may splinter and cause internal injury.
- Open the packet and pour into a bowl or plate. Serve!
- TIP: Use stainless steel bowls or plates. Stainless steel is not porous and can be easily cleaned, unlike plastic and other surfaces, which often harbour bacteria.
- Wash your hands, utensils and surfaces with soap and water after handling food or use.